Effective Sunday, December 19, 2021, there will be seasonal changes to the transit operations of OC-Transpo services.
The winter service change includes several types of changes:
3.Seasonal Service Changes
• An early morning eastbound trip on Route 55 that starts at The Ottawa Hospital,General Campus at 06:09 and travels to Elmvale, will be withdrawn due to verylow ridership. No other trips on the route will be affected.
• Service on Routes 99 and 110 will be adjusted to better accommodate revisedshift times at the new Amazon facility in Barrhaven.
Stage 2 Construction:
• Highway 417 westbound off-ramp at Pinecrest Road will be closed to facilitateconstruction of the Stage 2 O-Train extension to Moodie, impacting allwestbound routes that exit Highway 417 at Pinecrest. As a result, Routes 61, 62,282, 283, 301, 303, 404, 406, and 454 will be adjusted to operate to PinecrestStation via Carling, Richmond and Pinecrest, and then will return to their regularrouting. Routes 63, 64, 66, 257, and 258 will remain on their regular routes butwill bypass Pinecrest Station, travelling directly to Bayshore Station. EventRoutes 406 and 454 will also bypass Pinecrest Station.
• Montréal Road – Routes 15 and 20 will be reinstated to their regular routingbetween Vanier Parkway and St-Laurent Boulevard, as roads will temporarily re-open in both directions for the winter. Route 12 will continue to operate betweenBlair and St-Laurent Stations.
3. Seasonal Service Changes
Improvements will be made to some of the school services that were added in September 2021:
• New school Route 664 will be introduced to provide direct service between Earl of March Secondary School and Kanata Lakes, replacing trips on Route 168.
• New school Routes 671 and 672 will be introduced to provide direct service between John McCrae Secondary School and Barrhaven South, replacing trips on Routes 75 and 171/173.
• New school Route 676 will be introduced to provide direct service between St. Mother Teresa High School and Riverside South, replacing trips on Route 278.
• New school Route 680 will be introduced to provide direct service between Merivale High School and Riverside South, replacing trips on Routes 80 and 99.
• Bus types will be adjusted on some school trips where necessary.